Other Cases

Case of A.K.

A was the head of a successful furniture business. With our help, she was able to obtain a green card. Because her business required her to spend substantial time in her home country, we helped her obtain a reentry permit. Later, she decided to relinquish her green card. We assisted her in completing the I-407 form, and after relinquishment, provided her with legal support to ensure that she received a new B-1/B-2 visa.

Case of V.G.

V won the Green Card Lottery while he and his wife were in the US during vacation. They decided to stay and adjust their status to permanent residents, which they did. The problem was that their 9 year old was located outside the US, and did not manage to receive an immigrant visa before the September 30 deadline. As a result, they were separated. Because of the quotas in place for Family 2A category (permanent resident petitioning for a spouse or minor child), there was a long wait before the child would be able to obtain a green card (at that time, 4 years). V contacted our firm, and we advised him that an application for humanitarian parole was warranted. The application was approved quickly, and within 3 months, their son was able to join them in the US. Later, he was able to receive a green card.

Case of M.V.

M had a boyfriend in the US. She was a successful business woman in her home country with no intention of immigrating. After she became pregnant and gave birth, she needed assistance in obtaining a US passport for her child. The Embassy required that the child and the father go through DNA testing. We arranged for the DNA testing, and after the test results were delivered to the Embassy, her son received a US passport.

Case of V.S.

V is a nuclear physicist. He was working in the US with an H-1B visa. After a year, he decided to immigrate. On his behalf, we filed two petitions — one in the extraordinary ability category, and the other requesting a national interest waiver in category EB-2. Given the sensitive nature of his work and his country of origin, USCIS sat on his petitions while security checks were undertaken. After 18 months, V lost patience, and on his behalf, we filed for a writ of mandamus in federal court in California. Within two weeks after the filing of the lawsuit, the US Attorney contacted USCIS, and shortly thereafter, both of his petitions were approved.

Case of R.B.

Mr. B is a citizen of the United States and the owner of a successful American company with a branch outside the US. There he met his future wife. As an expatriate living in a country with a USCIS office, we accompanied him to the USCIS office where he filed an I-130 immigration petition for her. Soon thereafter, she passed her visa interview and entered the US. In total, her entire green card process took three months. Shortly thereafter, with our assistance, she filed an N-400 naturalization application under Section 319(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. This provision exempts spouses of US expatriates living abroad from waiting three years and spending 18 months in the US before filing for naturalization. She returned to the US for her naturalization interview and, on the same day, went through her naturalization ceremony becoming a US citizen.

Case of E.P.

E. immigrated to the US as a refugee. Later he received a green card. After several years, he had to make a trip back to his home country. Unfortunately, he lost his green card and needed to obtain a Transportation Letter to return to the US. When he applied for the Transportation Letter at a USCIS office overseas, he was told by the USCIS officer that as a refugee he should not have returned to his home country and therefore USCIS would not issue to him a Transportation Letter. Without the Transportation Letter and a return trip to the US, he would lose his status as a permanent resident. After E contacted our firm, we were able to intercede on his behalf, contacting the USCIS and ensuring the issuance of the Transportation Letter to him. He was able to return to the US and apply for and receive a new green card.